Inspection Handbook, 6th Edition
Author: ZACK MCCAIN
Format: SOFT (Softcover)
Publication Date: 42420
The 6th Edition is intended for the experienced, knowledgeable elevator inspector who is qualified in compliance with ASME QEI-1. It is a convenient field reference. It is not a replacement for ther code or Inspectors' Guide, but simply a quick reference to locate code rules/requirements in the applicable edition.
This 2016 edition is a complete revision that references code changes through ASME A17.1 2013 and A17.3 2011. Several drawings and charts have been added to provide help for field technicians.
- Aids the experienced elevator inspector in assuring compliance with ASME QEI-1.
- An invaluable reference tool that puts need to know information at the inspector's fingertips.
- A quick reference guide to help locate code rules/requirements in the applicable edition.
- Brimming with tables featuring the effective date of code changes for elevator, escalators and moving walks.
- Updated with the addition of several drawings and charts to provide help for field technicians.
- Sized to conveniently fit into any briefcase or toolbox for easy field use.
Zack R McCain, Jr. is a Registered Professional Engineer in Oklahoma. He is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers as well as a member of the ASME/ANSI QEI-1 "Standards for the Qualification of Elevator Inspectors" since it's beginning in 1982. He is the 1995 recipient of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Safety Codes and Standards Medal and was named a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers in October of the same year. McCain is also a Certified Elevator Safety Inspector in accordance with ASME QEI-1 by NAESA. McCain has served as course director and instructor on numerous courses for ASME, has had several articles published in ELEVATOR WORLD magazine and has written several books. McCain received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Lamar State College of Technology (Lamar University) in Beaumont, Texas.