Safety Exam 4
Format: CEU (CONTINUING EDUCATION)
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
Safety Exam 4 is a self-study course with a timed online test and counts as 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) towards re-certification.
Approved by: NAEC for CET/CAT, and NAESA for QEI. (A maximum of 0.2 CEU for online courses per annual renewal period can be applied towards maintenance of qualifications for certified inspectors.) Also approved by the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Safety Exam 4 covers sections 12 - 21 of the 2020 Elevator Industry Field Employees' Safety Handbook.
- Material Handling
- Welding, Cutting and Soldering
- Hazard Communications
- Inclined Elevators
- Escalators and Moving Walks
- Service and Repair Job Hazard Assessment
- Driving and Vehicle Safety
- Substance Abuse
- Glossary of Terms
The test will consist of 40 questions, 20 Multiple Choice and 20 True/False. You will have 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.