Escalator Maintenance Course
Author: ZACK MCCAIN
Format: CEU (CONTINUING EDUCATION)
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing. This is a self-study course with a timed online test. The book is not included and should be purchased separately. This course is based on Chapter 5, "Escalator Maintenance", of the Elevator Maintenance Manual, 2nd Edition by Zack McCain (not included). The Escalator Maintenance Course counts as 1.5 contact hours (0.15 CEU) towards recertification. Approved by NAEC for CET, and by the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Learning Objectives - By studying the required materials to take the exam the reader will have had the opportunity to learn the safe and proper methods for performing service, cleaning and light repair on escalators and moving walkways. Curriculum: The following are some areas of maintenance covered:
- General Escalator Service Safety
- Exterior Maintenance
- Interior Maintenance
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.
Zack R McCain, Jr. is a Registered Professional Engineer in Oklahoma. He is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers as well as a member of the ASME/ANSI QEI-1 "Standards for the Qualification of Elevator Inspectors" since it's beginning in 1982. He is the 1995 recipient of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Safety Codes and Standards Medal and was named a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers in October of the same year. McCain is also a Certified Elevator Safety Inspector in accordance with ASME QEI-1 by NAESA. McCain has served as course director and instructor on numerous courses for ASME, has had several articles published in ELEVATOR WORLD magazine and has written several books. McCain received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Lamar State College of Technology (Lamar University) in Beaumont, Texas.