June 2020 3D Hoistway Door Protection
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, 3D Hoistway Door Protection, published in the June 2020 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- A significant percentage of elevator-related injuries occurs at the doors
- A17.1/B44 addresses real-life issues with real-life solutions
- The 2019 edition of code requires 3D door protection
- The 3D systems must sense their ability to operate correctly and provide feedback to the controller
- 2D detection is required (in addition to the 3D detection)
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.