December 2007: The Perfect Drive and Get the Lead Out!
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the articles, The Perfect Drive, (EW December 2007 page 57) and Get the Lead Out!,(EW December 2007 page 77) and counts as 1 Contact Hour (0.1 CEU) towards recertification. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Learning Objectives - After reading these articles, you should have learned about:
- the comparison of planetary and gearless elevator drives
- the use of synchronous motor and planetary gearing in elevator hoist machines
- the duty cycle in elevator machine application
- the effect of inverter clock requency on elevator ride quality
- the use of planetary drive machines for machine-room-less elevators
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.