April 2021 Traction Sheave Maintenance
Format: CEU (CONTINUING EDUCATION)
Publication Date: 2021
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, Traction Sheave Maintenance, published in the April 2021 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- Steel wire rope diameter and traction groove depth must be included in maintenance tasks with a minimum of annual verification
- When any sign of ground particles is visible near the driving machine sheave, the system must be tested for rope equalization, and the ropes must be equalized to stop the destruction
- Equal tension is when the difference between the highest rope tension is within 10% of the lowest rope tension
- Verify that steel rope anti-rotation devices are incorporated in the suspension system
- Recording tools should be used to document the actual change in rope tensions to determine the cause
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.