2015 April: Elevator Hoistway Doors
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing. This test is based on the article, Elevator Hoistway Doors published in the April 2015 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Learning Objectives - After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- Maintenance on door guiding means and retainers is required by code
- The ASME A17.1/CSA B44 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators has been updating the required strength of door panels since 1955
- Door panels are designed with high strength to ensure human contact with the door panel does not expose a fall hazard into the hoistway
- Components must only be replaced with the same brand of components, unless the listing agency approves the difference
- Main landing hoistway doors need more frequent maintenance to ensure the components do not become so worn they cannot function as designed
- The adjustment of up-thrusts (eccentrics) is critical to ensure door-panel retention
- Labels are required to show certified testing was performed and was successful
- The design and testing of hoistway doors are important to the safety of passengers
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.