New Materials & New Technologies Applied to Elevators
Author: ANTONIO MIRAVETE
Format: HARD (Hardcover)
Publication Date: 2002
SAVE 25% ON THIS TIMELESS BOOK DEDICATED TO NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND MATERIALS AS APPLIED TO ELEVATORS!
REGULAR PRICE: $86.00
Antonio Miravete, a leading researcher in Transportation Engineering, explores the most significant changes and developments in materials and technologies as applied to elevators and escalators. This comprehensive publication provides a solid discussion of new materials and technologies through the use of text, illustrations, photographs, diagrams and formulas. It is a must for companies and individuals looking to the future of elevator and escalator design, manufacturing and function.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Introduction The World's Fastest Elevator; Why Combine New Materials and New Technologies
2. Smart, Lighweight Aramid Ropes Introduction; Manufacturing of Aramid Fibers; Properties of Aramid Fibers, The Parafil Ropes; Application of Aramid Fibers to Elevators Ropes
3. Fiberglass Sandwich Panels for Aerodynamic Noise Reduction Aerodynamic Noise Reduction Techniques; Fiberglass; Composite Fiberglass Matrices; Other Applications to Vertical Transportation
4. Ultra-Strength, Lighweight Freight Hydraulic Elevators of Carbon FiberComposite Grids Introduction; Classification of Carbon Fibers and Types by Manufacturing Process; Properties of Carbon Fibers; Industrial Presentations of Carbon Fibers; Epoxy Resins; Applications for High Load Bearing Platforms for Freight Hydraulic Elevators
5. Nanomaterials: The Key for the Space Elevator Introduction; Thermoplastic Nanocomposites; Carbon Nanotubes
6. Polyamid Sheaves and Polyurethane-Coated Traction Belts Introduction; Plastics Injection Molding; Polyamids; Polyurethanes
7. Self-Propulsion: Gear, Adhesion and Lightweight Introduction; Harmonic Drive Reduction Gears; Polyurethane Wheels; Aluminum, the Lightweight Material for Elevator Cars and Guides; The Schindler Mobile
8. Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors and Linear Induction Machines Introduction; Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors; Linear Induction Motors
9. Intelligent Traffic Management Introduction; Artificial Neural Networks; Applications of Artificial Neural Networks to Vertical Traffic; Fuzzy Logic; Applications of Fuzzy Logic to Vertical Traffic; Genetic Algorithms; Applications of Genetic Algorithms to Vertical Traffic
10. Fiber Optic Sensors and Cables for Monitoring,Communications and Lighting Introduction to Fiber Optic; Advantages and Disadvantages; Fiber Optic Technology; Applications to Elevators
11. Infrared Beams for Door Detection Introduction; Infrared Sensors; Infrared Technology Applications to Elevators; Infrared Technology in Escalators
Hardcover | 272 Pages | 3 lbs.
Antonio Miravete, S.B. (1981) and Ph.D. (1984) in Mechanical Engineering by University of Zaragoza, Spain, has been active in Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures for the last twenty four years. He has been a Professor at University of Zaragoza and a Research Scientist at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, Aero & Astro Stanford University and Composites Engineering and Applications Center at University of Houston. He has published over a hundred papers and presentations, edited several books and co-authored a book with Prof. J. N. Reddy. Professor Miravete has served as a Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Applied Composite Materials, Mechanics of Composite Materials and Structures, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures and Composite Structures. He has been an invited lecturer seventy times in eleven countries. His areas of interest are numerical modeling, prototyping and feasibility studies of series applications and carbon nanofiber composite materials. National Master of the U.S. Chess Federation, in his spare time he is a tennis, basketball and soccer fan and participant.