Lift Modernisation Design Guide, 2nd Edition (PDF)
Author: ROGER HOWKINS
Format: PDF (PDF Format)
This unique reference tool, originally published in 1998, has now been revised (2017) to bring it up-to-date with the most modern concepts in modernisation. It has been purposely formatted to take onto job sites and to assist engineers, consultants, mechanics, surveyors and sales teams who are actively involved in the art of lift modernisation. View Table of Contents How to use this book What Else Is New?
- More emphasis is given on personal Health and Safety when carrying out surveys/inspections.
- Some terminology has been changed to reflect the international basis of the guide.
- Life expectancies of components/equipment has been changed, as required, to reflect actual useful life.
- The safety colors have been reviewed and now reflect international convention.
- The lift traffic analysis program has been changed to reflect ELEVATE Elevator Traffic Analysis and Simulation SoftwareAlso available in print.PLEASE NOTE: all sales on PDF/Digital products are final and no refunds will be issued.Spiral Bound | 236 Pages | 2lbs
Roger Howkins is an associate at Arup Vertical Transportation, specializing in vertical transportation, providing advice for the firm, both in the U.K. and overseas, on the use of lifts, escalators and passenger conveyors; and in new developments and upgrading of existing equipment on refurbishment projects. Prior to joining the Arup, he worked in the lift industry in the U.K. and abroad gaining sound experience in all aspects of the lift industry. In addition to his general expertise, he is an authority on advanced control systems, traffic calculations and modern approaches to system design involving panorama lifts. Howkins has been the engineer of record responsible for the elevator system designs on many major commercial, institutional, residential and health care projects.