Industrial Electrical Troubleshooting
Author: LYNN LUNDQUIST
Format: SOFT (Softcover)
Industrial Electrical Troubleshooting demonstrates the efficient use of certain electrical meters to troubleshoot relay-logic circuits with a single setting. Today, a generation of electronic meters is available to test voltage and continuity without changing the setting of the meter or de-energizing the circuit. However,traditional troubleshooting techniques have not kept pace with this equipment. User of this comprehensive guide will find up-to-date information for safely and efficiently locating megohmmeters, proximity voltage meters, hand-held oscilloscopes, and other meters as plant electrical troubleshooting tools is thoroughly discussed. This book concentrates on efficiently achieving the ultimate goal of savings through the reduction of lost production time, with careful attention given to safety procedures throughout.
- introduces troubleshooting techniques designed to get equipment back online in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- explains a variety of testing instruments and procedures to facilitate correction of industrial maintenance problems
- provides practical knowledge of testing procedures through the use of illustrations and applications
- evaluates electrical troubleshooting in the context mechanical functions, providing a real-world perspective
- focuses on bottom-line issues of productivity, helping the user achieve the ultimate goal of any manufacturing plant-profitability
Lynn Lundquist, General Journeyman Electrician, Plant Supervisor Electrician, certified welder, millwright, holds both a BA and a Masters degree in education.