The browsing services we provide do not require or collect personal information (your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address(es), phone number, and credit card information). You can browse the site and take as much time as you want to look at products and services without having to submit any personal information. Even when you use our shopping cart as you browse, there is no need to submit personal customer information.
The following actions, however, do require you to actively submit personal customer information: (1) creating an account, (2) completing an order, or (3) receiving updates and site news:
- Creating an Account. You are required to create a new password-protected account to complete an order. To create an account, we require that you provide us with the following Personal Customer Information: your e-mail address (which may not be associated with another active account on our site), your first and last name, and your billing and shipping information. You will also have to create a password.
- Completing an Order. To complete an order we require you to access your password-protected account. You will access stored personal customer information and will be asked to submit additional personal customer information such as your credit card number and billing address.
- Receiving updates and Site News. You may sign up for free e-mail updates and site news. To do so, you will need to supply your e-mail address in the "Enter your email address to receive timely product alerts, special offers, discounts, and more" field on the Home page. Please note that this registry is different from the account and password that you set up to make purchases. You can sign up for updates and site news whether or not you have an account.
How Secure Is My Information?
- We protect your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of credit card numbers when confirming your order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Please protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
Please view this important information in our Store Policies page here.
Elevator World Cookies Policy
What Are Cookies:
A cookie is a small data file that contains a unique identification number that a website places on your hard drive when you visit a site. The “cookie” is able to store information such as data about your computer, the type of browser you use, and how many times your computer visits a certain site.
Cookies enable us to track how often visitors are visiting our website and specific pages, the number of entries in specific events, the estimated audience size for sponsors and advertisers, and user preferences.
Cookies are placed on your computer when you access a website. Cookies will be set either by our website domain or by a third party domain on our behalf. Cookies set by us on our website domain are referred to as 'local' cookies. Cookies set by third party domains, or set on or via our domain on behalf of third parties, are referred to as 'third party' cookies.
How to Turn Off Cookies:
However, please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of some areas of our website. You may find that some areas on the website will be slower, or may not function at all, and you may not be able to participate in certain activities such as contests if the cookies are disabled.
For more information on cookies, visit the official ICO website at ico.org.uk or whatarecookies.com.
Other Website Tracking:
This site may use clear GIFs [Graphics Interchange Formats] (also known as pixel tags, web beacons or web bugs). A clear GIF is a tiny line of code that is programmed to collect certain information about a visit to a particular website. We use GIFs to gather non-personal, aggregate information on visits to our website, track usage of website links and assist with registration and other features. We do not disclose personal information that may be linked to our GIF collection practices to third parties. Other websites that you may link to through the Website may also use clear GIFs. Visitors should review other website operators' privacy policies to determine the type and extent of tracking devices used.